When you think of college, what's the first thing that comes to mind? Studying? Ha. If only. Most likely its partying. At least, at Mizzou it is. They don't call it the Mizzou Twenty Two for nothing. But is that all that college is supposed to be about? On all the shows on tv, its not so much about the academics, but about the partying that goes on. It's all very misleading too. Frat parties are what give me the heebie-geebies. I mean, think about it. It's a bunch of guys, paying to have friends. Then, they use their funding to sponsor "social activities" every week. I'd like to know who is in charge of that bank account. Ok, so its Friday night and everyone is going out to parties and what not. I'm all for having fun, but the thought of going to a skeezy frat house, where they don't allow any other guys in because they want all the girls to themselves, is somewhat disturbing. Not to mention they only want you there to get you drunk. You don't have a cup in your hand? Well lets fix that, they say. If you're not drunk, then you're no use to them. Forget trying to make a real connection with somebody, its all about how far they can get down your pants. I'm sorry, but that is not ideal. And the sick thing is, if you don't go out every weekend, you're considered a "prude" or a "loser". What. Ever. I prefer to dazzle the hundreds of attractive guys on campus with my charming smile and playful wit. None of which involves puke running down my face, or a spilt drink on my shoes. And don't even get me started on the extremely messed up "code" that the police have with the frat houses. Frat parties never get busted. Never. I guarantee the first off campus party you go to, there will be cops outside the door, waiting to breathalyze everyone that walks out. But its like there is this invisible line drawn around greek town that the cops don't dare cross. Sure, they drive around every once in a while, but they HAVE to know what is going on inside. They would be idiots if they didn't. I just wanna know who pays them to keep their mouths shut. Wouldn't that make for an earth shattering story.
I guess for now, I will have to settle for the occasional going out (just to get my friends off my back) and many more movies on my laptop. Who said I don't know how to have a good time? ;)
I now step off my soap box...for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment